Today's Recipe is brought to you by the fine folks over at Paleo Diet Lifestyle and it's definitely an easy one that I've added into my permanent rotation.
I've always been a sucker for Italian Food. In my youth, I'd eat leftover Spaghetti straight from the fridge out of a ziploc bag. I could polish a
medium any size pizza off in one sitting. If it had a tomato based sauce and a heaping portion of carbs, it would fit in my belly.
So when I saw a recipe for an gluten/grain free Eggplant Cannoli, it had to go down. And by down I mean down my throat. And I mean STAT. Click continue to see the picture and check it out!
My Version of the Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground meat. I used Chicken Breast because my Brianna doesn't eat red meat (tragic).
- 2 eggplants sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick. I like the skin on for this recipe, but otherwise I'm not a fan of eggplant skin.
- A lot of shallots minced
- Plenty of garlic pressed
- Garlic Parsley Salt (I love this crap)
- Three finger pinch of Rosemary
- Three finger pinch of Oregano
- Arrabiata Tomato Sauce because I like it hawt (or other Paleo tomato sauce or make you're own if you're all domestic).
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Some olive oil
Preparation is pretty easy:
- Turn on The Godfather
- Preheat your Oven to 400 degrees. Lay the Eggplant out and drizzle olive oil on both sides and top with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Brown your protein along with the garlic and shallots along with the Rosemary and Oregano.
- Heat your sauce.
- Let the Eggplant cool for five minutes.
- After they cool, place some ground meat on the edge and roll a cannoli.
- Top with Sauce.
- Speak in poorly imitated Italian accent for the remainder of the evening.
Nutritional info with 6 oz of ground chicken: 280 calories, 27g net carbs (19g of fiber in the eggplant!), 9g fat.
Side effects of consuming this include the desire to use a fake Italian accent and possible engagement in mafia activity.
If you try it, let me know how it turns out!